Monday, May 05, 2008

Terrible two's

I don't even know how to start writing this entry. Dylan is at the worst stage of "terrible two's ! He kicks, scream, hit, scream. patience tester, defiant and loves to throw things. It gets frustrated that he is very very defiant. I have read articles online that such behavior for his age is normal. But it bothers me. It frustrates me. It makes me mad. I really really hate when I have to spank him when he throws things at me. It makes me feel so aweful. it makes me feel so terrible. So the question is to spank or not. Should I raise my voice or not. What is it is he exhusted all the patience I've got???



He hates to be told "NO" . He hates to take a nap, he dont like it go to sleep.. I have read that it is because he has a separation anxiety of being away from us. But the thing is , he only gets violent with me. Dylan never dare to do throw things at MIke or even hit him back. What do I do wrong for him to be that way towards me when I try to discipline him or put him to bed or say NO to him?

Earlier he got mad because I was telling him to go to sleep. He wants to read all the books he has and gets upset when I turn the light off. He throw the book up in the air and it landed on my head. Ouch, it hurts. The book is hardbound. This is where I draw the line. I am his mother, it is frustrating that he does that.

No comments: