Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Big Boy Bed



It was Sunday night and as Mike was getting Dylan's new bunk bed ready - I felt sadness. I am teary eyed. ! Mike rolled outside the room the baby crib. It is happening, it is official . My golly I am not ready to just go yet. I am not prepared yet. Dylan is growing and getting older. He is sleeping in a big boy's bed.... I am sad that he is growing so fast. It seems like yesterday when we brought him home from the hospital. Now as I watch Mike busy with the bed and all, here I am worrying if he would sleep fine??? Would he like it??? Would he fall off the floor at night since he sleeps at the top??

Dylan absolutely love his new bed. It has stairs that he gets up and down so easily and no hassle for him. We changed his room decoration. This time his room has an aviation/airplane theme. He will have new bedding which we ordered online. Mike brought his airplane models which he has built back when he was a kid. He still keeps it down in Cochran. I hope that Dylan would have the same passion as his daddy when it comes to flying, aviation,space.. But whatever Dylan gets passionate about, we are always here for him. With regards to these airplanes- we'll see how long before this airplanes get destroyed by Dyl.

Today we got him some toys storage. We'll see how long if he keeps his toys there. But that is one thing about Dylan, at night before he goes to sleep, he cleans up. He picks up all his toys.

Back those days, as i recall growing up, my brothers and I don't even have our own room. We slept on a wood floor with mats. No new bed or theme bedding. I was telling MIke the other day, even my niece and nephew do not have their own rooms either. What a difference my life and Dylan's life now- What a lucky kid.

The thing is, i do not want Dylan to grow up just yet. I want him to be my baby for always. It is selfish... but that's just me !

1 comment:

Tosya said...

Hello) wantastic boys bed) very comfortable! wellcome to my blog) can we follow each other?
http://antonboldirev.blogspot.ru/