Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas 2006


Where did the year go? Seems like we just got back home from a long trip to the Philippines and now it is Christmas again in a few more hours. Nothing can compare how we celebrate holidays in the Philippines. It is more festive and family oriented. I will one day would like for us to spend holidays there one day. Dylan needs to see that one side of my culture I grew up and enjoyed it so much ! I want him to experience what I been missing all these years. I don't complain because I am thankful that we have a goodlife inspite of all....

The house smell good from my short rib stew and roasted vegetables cooking and i am listening to a "little drummer boy" right now. This is nothing compare to what I cook for christmas in the Philippines. More food because there's more people showing up !

Tonight we will be opening the presents. It is a tradition here that gifts were open on christmas day not on the eve. Oh well, MIke is working tomorrow early and I dont think Michael can wait anymore.

As for Dylan the first gift I wrap he wnts to open it. After that he never bothers the presents under the christmas tree again. This morning he was handed one to me and wants to open it, told him we will open later tonight.


About couple of days ago, Dylan just feel like sweeping our floor. I guess he see us do it. He knows where we put the broom and the dustpan so he took liberty of doing that and start sweeping. He just look so cute. Days like that that I never complain at all but rather very thankful that God bless me and Mike of such a joy in Dylan !

No comments: